19 Jun 2019
As a small business, the way you interact with your customers can make or break your business. Below are several simple rules to keep your customer coming back.
1. Greet your customers with a smile. You appreciate your customer's business, so make sure they know it by being happy to see them. Sometimes a smile is all it takes to change someone's day for the better.
2. Always have a professional sounding voice mail. Providing a crisp, clear message gives the customer a feel that your business is professional. You don't want your customer to think they've called the wrong number by not providing a voicemail message that fits with your company's tone and personality. No one wants to hear a cold and unfeeling robotic message.
3. Always thank your customers. No matter how big or how small your service is to them, thank the customer and make them feel appreciated. Kindness can go a long way.
4. Build positive customer relationships by providing a great experience for the customer. Keep a deadline or get the job finished early. When treated right, customers will keep returning for the long term.
5. Ask your customers what they need. By doing a survey, you can learn exactly what your customers need. Don't be afraid to ask questions and engage in constructive conversations with customers. This assures that you are providing the best quality service possible.
6. Don’t be afraid of criticism. The customer may offer advice that you may not have considered. Take feedback and turn it into something positive. You don't have to be perfect, but showing that you're willing to change to accommodate your customer's needs will make a lasting impression. Sometimes it is a small change that makes a big impact.
7. Be real with your customers. Find a way to connect with your customer on a personal level, whether it's asking them about their day, or remembering their face and treating them like a friend. At the end of the day, we all want to feel connected to a community. Make sure your customers know that they are a valued part of yours.